Monday, July 11, 2011

2 months

I'm a little late on this post but it's been a crazy few weeks.

The nugget is almost 12 weeks old.  At his 2 month appointment he was in the 75th percentile for weight and the 50th for height.  He was also a rockstar during and after his vaccines, apparently nothing gets this kid down.  Over the last few weeks he's become much more animated and alert, and loves to play on his mat for hours at a time during the day.  He's developed great head control and we're thinking of getting him a jumper soon since his fat little legs never stop kicking.


These fat legs, mama?

This morning David decided that 4:15 AM was a great time to wake up and start chatting away with himself.  Sean was already up getting ready for work, but I was hoping to at least sleep until the sun came up.  One of these days the piglet will sleep all night long but I think he's figured out that since food is so close by, why not wake up and snack every few hours?
Can't really get mad at this face... 
Sean went back to work this week at Huntington Ingalls shipbuilding.  The work is going to be hard but the pay is good and the benefits are great.  I think he was going stir crazy being at home all day with the kiddo and I, anyhow.  He works about an hour from the house and is home by 3:30 every day!  The shipyard here in Louisiana is projected to close in early 2013, so we'll be initiating our move back east as soon as possible, hopefully around January of 2012.  I've also been applying for jobs in anticipation of finishing my degree in the fall.  I've always wanted to work with the FBI but am applying for any federal agency that I qualify to work for.  I'm not expecting to land one of those jobs just yet but it would definitely be a dream come true!


I promise I won't wait a month and a half to update this again... I know some of you (Ashlee) were getting pretty impatient :)

1 comment:

  1. even though I pretty much know eveything in the blog post, I just love seeing little pics of baby D and his little updates I may have missed :)

    ReplyDelete