Sunday, May 22, 2011

Things I love - 1 month edition

I've seen other moms do this, so I'll jump on the bandwagon.

A few things that have made my first month manageable (and enjoyable, even!)

The Boppy pillow.  Usually I use it for setting David in when we're on the couch and watching TV, but it makes for a really easy way to nurse him, too.  It's definitely saved my back from being in too much pain from either hunching over or holding him up with one arm.

Thanks to this lanolin, my nipples are intact and are in fairly good shape (sorry if that's TMI for some of you!).  This stuff works wonders.  As do these:
These make it so I don't have to change my shirt 10 times a day.  Although I change them about 5 times a day and have gone through almost 3 boxes so far.



The ring sling.  I can do just about anything hands-free with this.  Even feed the kid, see?  Yes, I realize most of these items are breastfeeding-related but that's what takes up probably 75% of my days.

Finally, my phone:


My Blackberry died about a week after D was born.  My fabulous BFF Ashlee sent me this (she upgraded to an iPhone, tech savvy girl that she is!) and it's been AWESOME.  Especially during those late night feedings - I can use Facebook and post on The Bump while little man is pigging out.  It's about the only way I can stay awake at 2:30 AM when he's hungry.  Thanks Ash!

No comments:

Post a Comment