Sunday, May 22, 2011

1 month

David was 1 month old yesterday.  Where does the time go??
Whoa, Mom... do something with that hair, will ya?
All in all it's been a great month.  We've had family and friends over to meet the little guy, he's been sleeping in 4-hour stretches at night which is GREAT for SP and I, and he's learned to love the ring sling so that we can get out of the house and be productive during the day.  He's still a little piggy - he eats around the clock during the day, and he's gaining weight like crazy which is exactly what his doctor wanted.  He's not such a great napper, unless he's laying in bed with me - then he could sleep all day.  Which is fine, some days I don't really need to get out of bed anyway.

Yesterday, we went to the local farmer's market.  We had to make it an early and short trip because it's summer here in Louisiana and my a/c isn't working in the Camaro (of course!).  I had my "mother of the year" moment on Friday when we took SP's paycheck to the bank, we were gone all of 15 minutes and by the time we got home, David was not only screaming at me from the backseat, he was bright red and sweating like crazy.  Naturally, I freaked out and simultaneously held him next to the open freezer while holding a thermometer under his arm (temp was fine).   And then I cried for being such a horrible mother and (almost) overheating my child, and so he got his favorite treat (the boob) and we napped for 4 hours.  Anyway, back to the farmer's market.  I used the ring sling to carry him so I could have my hands free to taste all the delicious goodies they had there, and man was he a rockstar!  Everyone wanted to come see the little baby (and no one tried to touch him, which was cool), and everyone thought the sling was the neatest thing (one guy about my age said, "dude, that is the coolest thing ever - I want to be carried like that all day!).  I usually take $40 with me, and I made out with 3 jars of jelly, a loaf of banana bread, and a big bag full of veggies for $21.  I need to shop there more often!
Snug as a bug.  And a way-too-big hat.

Today is Sunday, which means SP is off work.  Unfortunately, once he wakes up he's going to have to go to Home Depot and get some insect spray for the house.  I wanted to take a bath last night with the baby (it's way easier to do it that way!) but of course, my bathtub was full of ANTS!!  Big ones!  Coming out of the ceiling and into the tub!  So, that needs to be fixed asap.  (We ended up taking a bath in the guest bathroom, after I washed remnants of our termite swarm down the drain - ugh).  I should probably scrub the bathrooms down today, too... but let's not get too ambitious.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, the baby is so absolutely adorable – wish you guys were even closer!~ ;P You two (make that three now!) are doing great and have such loving and nurturing souls – you can see Sean looks quite the proud PaPa! :D So bugs in LA too?!?! lol And to think I believed they were just a FL phenomena… (wink-wink ;P) Unfortunately there’s really nowhere in the world you’ll escape critters from one sort to another. ;P We all send our love, and can’t wait to see you guys again - please keep us loaded with updates for sure!~ :D

    Love,

    Trish & Family

    ReplyDelete