Monday, May 16, 2011

Quick! While the baby is asleep!

Well, this last week and a half has gone by so fast!  All of our help is gone and it's just been David and I at home during the day since last Tuesday.  The first two days were rough, we spent all day long in bed nursing non-stop (the 3-week growth spurt, I assume, is the culprit!).  It really wasn't horrible, but I got nothing done around the house and it's amazing that I even was able to break away to eat for a few minutes a day.

This week things are a bit easier.  David is napping longer so today, I managed to take a shower, dry my hair (which hasn't been done in months practically), start AND finish a load of laundry, and run the dishwasher - and as I'm typing this, he's still out cold!  Naturally, my mommy instinct causes me to get up and check on him every 5 minutes.  And he's just so darn cute when he's asleep!
This is a "food coma"

As far as David's progress, he's growing way too fast.  He gained 2lbs in 2.5 weeks.  He grew 2 inches in 3 weeks.  He's fitting into outfits that were too big 2 weeks ago.  He's getting even chubbier cheeks and thighs (you're welcome, little guy).  We still haven't decided who he favors more, so far he's a pretty good mix of both of us.

This week, my goals are to:
1.  Walk every day, starting with the stroller and graduating to the Moby or ring sling
2.  Practice every day with the Moby or ring sling.  We've done a few minutes in each one a few times, but D still isn't 100% content to hang out in one for a long period of time.  These will save my sanity if he learns to love them!
3.  Be diligent with the pump.  D is going to be babysat by my mama when I'm in a wedding in a few weeks, and so far all I've managed to pump is 4 oz a day.  That's not quite one feeding for him.  So I need to up my supply a bit so I'll be able to leave enough with Mom, especially since I'll only have 2 days to pump pre-wedding!

D only wakes up once or twice at night, so I'm plenty well rested.  He's napping better during the day, so I've had time to read some books on the Kindle and catch up on TV shows online.  If we can keep that pattern up, I'll be able to do this SAHM thing for awhile :)

Finally, some random pictures of the little man, because he's just too darn cute!

2 comments:

  1. wow! 4 oz at a time is fantastic!!!I have never pumped more than 3 oz. a time. ever. you are doing awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got 4 oz in one session one time and it was awesome!! Usually it's somewhere between .5 and 1.5 oz. So time consuming!!

    ReplyDelete