Wednesday, March 23, 2011

First comes love, then comes marriage...

I don't know if anyone uses the term "baby carriage" anymore, but Baby D is certainly well on his way.

His story begins back in August 2010.  Somehow, I came down with the flu in the middle of the month.  Typical luck for me, getting the flu during the hottest part of the summer in Houston TX.  I know now that pregnancy weakens the immune system, making you catch just about everything... that could have been a hint.  My second hint should have been realized when my mother-in-law asked SP (while I was in the throes of a high fever and sweating spell) "Are you sure she's not pregnant?"  Let me tell you about my MIL (mother-in-law).  She gets these 'feelings', and they're almost always right.  Sometimes it's super creepy.  "NO she's not pregnant, she's got the flu Mom!"

Well.  I started thinking, hey... I think I am a little 'late', but the doctors told me it might be awhile before things returned to normal (I had a miscarriage back in April).  Well hell, just for kicks I went out and bought a two-pack of EPT's.

Well how about them apples?
First thought:  Oh shit.
Second thought: HOW does she DO that?!?
Third thought:  OK, now what?

SP didn't believe it (I think I actually too 3 tests to prove it!) until we had our first ultrasound at 8 weeks.  We were, of course, nervous as hell because of our previous experience, and I wouldn't even look at the screen until I heard SP say, "Oh, well that's different than last time!"

Hello, little one!
Our little guy, at 8 weeks and some days.  He was dancing away on the monitor, and I was crying like a baby.

OH MY GOD, WE'RE HAVING A BABY!!

Even after that wonderful experience, we were a bit cautious.  My miscarriage didn't happen until after 12 weeks, so we opted to *try* and keep it a secret until we were into the 2nd trimester.  Which worked out perfectly:  my brother and step-dad's birthday's were on the Friday after I turned 13 weeks, and I was going to send them presents anyway, so why not make them announcement gifts?  They were all shocked.  I think my mom even cried!  And SP and I got these gems for ourselves:


Again... OMG, WE'RE HAVING A BABY!!

...now what?

No comments:

Post a Comment