Thursday, March 24, 2011

Happy 35/35!

Today is yet another pregnancy milestone: my "35/35" date.  This means that I'm 35 weeks along, and have 35 days left until my due date!  Here's a quick look at how things have changed in 35 weeks:

And here I am today:

Not a whole lot different than last week!  I had a great OB appointment this morning, and I have lots of positive things going on that indicate baby D is well on his way to making his appearance:

1.  I've stopped gaining weight.  I've been holding steady at 157 for the past few weeks
2. I've quit growing - my belly isn't getting astronomically bigger as each week goes by - kiddo is running out of room!
3.  My cervix is getting soft - next step, dilation and effacing!
4.  The elusive mucus plug is GONE!
5.  I've been having mild contractions for the last 48 hours or so

None of this means that I'll go into labor anytime :: really :: soon, but they are signs that my body is getting ready.  According to my doctor, I will NOT be going past my due date, so we will be meeting our little one in 5 weeks - if I make it that far!

Naturally, I called SP the minute I got out of the doctor's office to let him know about my progress, and naturally - he is now scared out of his mind.  Time to get started packing hospital bags!

No comments:

Post a Comment