Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Nearing the finish line

I feel like I've gotten you all up-to-date on the last 8 months of our whirlwind life in the last few posts, so things should be a little slower paced at least for the next few weeks.  Here's a few shots of me on Monday, when I was 34 weeks, 4 days along:

Wonder what that tattoo will look like when this is over?

At least I can't tell how bad my pedicure looks from here.
I've gotten into the habit of taking weekly pictures of 'the belly' so I can look back and see where I started and how humongous I'm going to end up.  I technically have 5 weeks until my due date, and at the rate I've been gaining (1.5lbs per week, yikes!) this belly is going to get quite a bit bigger before we get there.  Tomorrow is 35 weeks, and another milestone - but I'll write about that tomorrow after my OB appointment.

Currently, I feel like a whale.  I bump into everything, I move super slowly, I can barely get out of bed without help, my heartburn is out of control... this extra 30+ lbs I'm lugging around are really taking a toll on my body.  And then there's baby D himself - he's "head down" (which is good!) and has his butt and feet up in my ribcage, which is pretty painful to say the least.  I haven't quite found a good position to sit in that keeps him from battering me from the inside.  However, now that I'm up in the mid 30's as far as gestational weeks go, I'm starting to feel a bit more relaxed and relieved that there is an end in sight!  Full speed ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment