Wednesday, March 23, 2011

It all started with a Love Song

This "Love Song" to be precise:


SP and I had been dating a few weeks when I got a text from him saying, "Love is all around you...".  I immediately got on Google to search what the heck this meant, and came across this video.  At first I was thinking, "Who the heck is this guy, and why is he sending me bad 80's hair music?"  I finished watching the video, and resigned myself to "OK fine, he's awesome, I guess I love him too!".  And it all evolved from there.  This actually ended up being our wedding song.

Let me backtrack a little bit.  This is me:
Rather, this was me in the early days of SP and I being together.  My name is Candace, I'm 26, a full-time accounting student, and oh yeah... I'm 35 weeks pregnant.  More on that later.

This is SP:
37, electrician by trade, schemer by choice, and gearing up to be the world's greatest dad.

We met in late 2005.  I was bartending at a local dive in Jacksonville, FL.  He was one of my regulars that came in and drank all of my coffee.  Always the same order: chicken philly, Sharp's N.A. beer (SP has been sober since 2003), and a cup of coffee to follow.  We chatted, a few weeks later he asked me out on a date, and the book writes itself from there.

4 years and two cross-country moves later, we got married in Orlando, FL on July 10, 2009.
 
This pretty much sums us up.  Also, I was drunk.  Really drunk.
2 years and another move later, here we are in the newest place we're calling home; Slidell, Louisiana
at the French Market in New Orleans, on my 26th birthday
It's safe to say that SP and I are a bit... unconventional in pretty much everything that we do.  Life has been one big adventure since we found each other, and it's only getting more exciting as time goes on.  We're really enjoying the ride together and I'm excited to drag you all along with us in what is sure to be a crazy and chaotic continuation of our story


Now, onto the next page in our book ... THE BABY!

No comments:

Post a Comment