Thursday, April 14, 2011

38 weeks - the final countdown!


I've always said since the beginning of this pregnancy that I wanted to make it to at least 38 weeks, and here we are!  I had my "last" appointment this morning with my OB, and it was pretty uneventful.  I haven't made any significant progress since last week, which is neither good or bad (plenty of women don't have progress until labor starts!).  I follow up with her on Tuesday to see if I'm either a bit more dilated or a bit more effaced, and if I am we are a GO for induction on Wednesday morning (starting at 4AM... yikes!).  If I haven't made progress, I'll have the option of starting Cervadil on Tuesday, or holding off the induction for another week.  Baby at this point isn't going to change much if any between now and then size/weight wise, so it'll essentially be my call.
While I'm all for getting him out of there at 39 weeks, I want to be a very favorable candidate for induction (right now I'm a "good" candidate), so I can avoid a c-section as much as possible.  I know, it's not the end of the world if it happens, but major surgery isn't high on my list of "things to do in life".
I'll be doing lots of walking and other "labor-stimulating activities" this weekend to help the process along, I'm so ready for this to all be over and have the little guy here with us on the outside! (no teas, no herbs, no supplements, no castor oil... just the, um, physical stuff that I can do to get it moving along!)

This week I found out two of my other girlfriends (due in September) are on Team Blue - congrats to Brandi and Darla!!  Went to the doctor with Darla on Tuesday, and when she asked about her weight gain, he said "Oh you're doing just fine, you just might not be having a 9lb baby like your friend here!".  I will hunt that man down and stab him in the eye if that is the case.  For the record, my OB says David should be between 6.5 and 7.5lbs at birth based on his and my growth patterns over the last few weeks (read: minimal).  And I'm more than OK with that!!

The weather here is great so I'm hoping to enjoy what will probably be my last weekend without baby with SP, doing something fun outside.  His parents arrive Tuesday, and hopefully Baby D will arrive Wednesday!  So much to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment