Monday, April 11, 2011

Crawfish boil and single-digit countdown!

It's only natural to kick off the week with our "Bump Pic Monday Survey", so here goes:
I can't be bothered with clothes before 10 AM. 
Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along:
37w, 4d

Total Weight Gain/Loss:
+32lbs

Is your nursery done?
Still need a rug, but yes!

What is your favorite piece of baby gear that you've purchased? 
Moby wrap and baby swing.

Which stroller did you buy?
Chicco Cortina system in Adventure

How many inches around is that bump?
42"


Are you getting nervous?
Not anymore, I'm just ready for him to be here!

Have you dropped yet?
Yes! He was a -2 at last appointment

Lost your plug? 
Mostly, still bits and pieces here and there

Any other signs that baby is on their way?
Not nearly enough of them!

Are you still working/how long will you work?
n/a

How do you feel in general?
I actually feel good.  Nights are hard when I have to get out of bed, but other than that I have tons of energy!

What are you getting the most excited about?
Holding him for the first time, the look on his daddy's face when he's born... bringing him home with us!

Do you have a blog?
Love Songs and Nursery Rhymes

Any big fears or concerns?
Just wondering what labor is going to be like.

What is in your hospital bag?
Clothes, socks, PJ's - that's about it!

Are you exercising?
Just walking

How many more days until D-Day?
D-day in 17 days, induction date in 9 days!


This weekend we headed over to Darla and Doug's for a crawfish boil.  Aubrey flew into town for a wedding, and Crystal came up from New Orleans.  We had a great time and it was awesome to see everyone!! Not sure when we'll get another chance to do something fun like this for quite awhile :)
We ate crawfish out of a canoe:
Technically, it's a pirogue.  But it looks like a canoe.  
Todd is a crawfish master and they were so delicious!  I love springtime in the south for this exact reason.  Good friends, good food, cold beer (O'Douls for me and SP!), and a really relaxing afternoon.

Darla (in purple) finds out if she's Team Pink or Team Blue on Tuesday!

Pregnancy hasn't been kind to my profile, or my biceps.  Ugh!

Master chef Todd (in yellow).  This was such a cool idea! 
Crystal (left) got juiced in the face and all over her shirt in the first 30 seconds of eating.
SP and I both came home exhausted and with some nice sunburns! 

On the baby front... we have t-minus 9 days until Baby D's arrival.  SINGLE DIGITS.  Yikes.  We're both very excited and anxious, and I'm kind of hoping he decides to get a move on before the 20th, because a) I'd rather go on my own than be induced, and b) Not really sure how I feel about having a 4/20 baby.  But, we'll take what we get!  Today's project will be finishing up the guest room.  SP got my boxes of books out of the storage unit and I need to get them on the bookshelf.  My baby sister did some awesome paintings last year and I want to get those displayed around the house so I can show them off when company comes over!

Tomorrow I get to go to MS with Darla to find out if she's having a boy or a girl... very exciting!!

1 comment: